a

A difficult day witnessed in Jerusalem, and witnessed by Al-Aqsa Mosque today, coinciding with the so-called “Day of the Unification of Jerusalem.” After the occupation changed the date of the march from Friday, 5/19/2023, to Thursday, 5/18/2023, the scene today looked like “ The occupation’s “show of strength” in Jerusalem, through the military build-up of the occupation forces and the participation of many figures in the occupation government in storming Al-Aqsa Mosque, and the participation of about 1,000 settlers in the storm. 

In this context, Beit Al-Maqdis News Agency surveyed the opinions of a number of specialists and researchers on the Palestinian issue, the issue of Jerusalem, and Al-Aqsa Mosque regarding what happened today regarding the central storming of Al-Aqsa. 

A challenge from the occupation 

The occupation was keen in storming Al-Aqsa today to deliver a clear message of challenge to the Palestinian people and their resistance. The researcher and specialist in Zionist affairs, Muhammad Halsa, believes that the occupation aims, through what it is now carrying out in Jerusalem in preparation for the “Flags March” and storming Al-Aqsa, to deliver a message of challenge to the Palestinians. He says from During which the deterrence equations that had been established had been dissipated, Samer Khalil, a researcher in Jerusalem and Zionist affairs, said in a statement to the Beit Al-Maqdis Agency, “What is happening today is a challenge and a message to the government itself that the right is the one who controls the government; At the same time, it is a message to the Palestinian people that Jerusalem is under (Israeli) control.” 

Zionist review 

Since the current Zionist occupation government was formed, it has been keen to preserve the spectacle of displaying force in front of its public as it takes steps of escalation at various levels and fields of confrontation, most notably Jerusalem. Muhammad Halsa says: “Showing off and reaping the fruits of the situation is the master of the scene that These people believe that it leans in favor of the occupation government and the extreme right, after the occupation emerged from the confrontation with Gaza without conditions “as they believe.” There is a trend in Zionist society that the occupation has achieved deterrence, so this is an opportunity for them to show off, and the representatives and ministers of the ruling Zionist right are keen to use it. This is a show to gain more points in front of their electorate.” 

Dispelling the “Sword of Jerusalem” equation 

The Battle of “Saif Al-Quds” constituted a pivotal stage of the confrontation with the occupation. It strengthened the equation of deterrence formed by the resistance against any Zionist attempt to attack Al-Aqsa Mosque. Therefore, over the course of two consecutive years, the occupation sought to dispel this equation through more than one round of confrontation, according to Juma Al-Tayeh, a researcher and specialist in Zionist affairs. Not a day has passed since “The Sword of Jerusalem” without the occupation seeking to dispel the deterrence equation created by the battle, through dozens of incursions and “Talmudic” rituals, and in light of the confusion that the Zionist security system is experiencing in the West Bank, it is seeking Today to create any situation of qualitative progress in Al-Aqsa Mosque and Jerusalem.

At the same time, the settlement groups and “temple” organizations are seeking to create a model situation for future incursions into Al-Aqsa, and Muhammad Halsa says: “We have seen what the occupation has mobilized in terms of police forces and “border guards” to reassure the intruders that they are far from the range of the resistance’s bullets or missiles, and in fact, if they Things today are as the occupation plans. We are facing a precedent from which the occupation may take a launching pad for new stages of aggression in all its forms and manifestations against the Palestinian people, their land, and their sanctities.” 

A scene of strength that conceals weakness 

Despite what appears in the general picture of the scene today of a display of force by the occupation, and attempts to provoke the Palestinian people, and the Arab and Islamic nations, this scene implies a state of security confusion and retreat on the part of the occupation, and this is evident in the occupation bringing forward the march, one day ahead of its schedule. The original, and the inability of the “Temple” organizations to mobilize a quarter of the number that planned to storm Al-Aqsa today, and Sheikh Maher Hammoud, head of the Union of Resistance Scholars in Lebanon, says: “The occupation’s intensive security measures in preparation for the flag march are the truest expression of its weakness.” The occupier says that Jerusalem is one land, one city, and the capital of his entity, as he claims, and this will not happen at all, neither in the present nor in the future. As for Ziad Ibhais, a researcher specializing in Jerusalem affairs, he believes that the occupation police are haunted by fear, with regard to the aggression against Jerusalem and Al-Aqsa today. Yaqoub Ibhais said: “These statements and publications express the extent of the occupation police’s fear of the movements against the storming of Al-Aqsa and the flag march. And its need to discourage any movement through deception and deception while it deploys 5,500 of its members in the vicinity of the Old City to impose aggression.”